Benefits of Membership
Great things come with Marin Villages membership!
Our members enjoy a range of benefits, from rides and help around the home to personal support and social events.
- One-stop call for general assistance or questions
- Central number and email for service requests
- Friendly, familiar, knowledgeable staff to answer your calls
- Confidential interactions
- All volunteers go through a background check and sign a confidentiality agreement to help protect the privacy of Marin Villages members. Drivers will also have a DMV check and provide proof of insurance.
Social and Educational Events
- Monthly coffees, luncheons, and potlucks
- Happy hour gatherings
- Book clubs, hiking groups, and games
- Seminars and presentations on topics of interest to members
- Trips to museums, shows, or movies
- Invitations to events at other local villages
- Individual Zoom training for online programs and gatherings
(Member is driven to the destination by the volunteer)
- Medical and medically-related appointments
- Grocery shopping
- Marin Villages and local village social events and programs
- Hairdresser or barber
- Visits with friends and family
- Other transportation as needed and available
(Member does not go with volunteer)
- Grocery shopping
- Prescription pickup
- Library book pickup and other curbside pickups
- Technical assistance and training on computers, iPads, smartphones.
- Assistance with minor household tasks (changing batteries, filters, lights, handyman repairs)
- Pet care or dog walking
- Companionship visits
- Picking up mail and newspapers or packages left outside
- Support and referrals in locating home care providers and services
- Referrals and assistance with life changes associated with aging
- Access to member/volunteer referrals for a wide variety of services
- Daily check-ins with Village volunteers
- Companionship phone calls
- Emergency preparedness
New Friends and Sense of Community
A ride is more than a ride and changing a light bulb does more than increasing the light in the room. Of all the benefits Marin Villages offers, perhaps the best is the sense of wellbeing that comes from expanding connections, building new friendships, and knowing you are part of a community that cares.
Discounts from external service providers
Members of Marin Villages are eligible for special discounts from many of our service providers. In addition, local villages have partnered with vendors, stores, and services in their community to extend special offerings for their members.
Would you like to know more about service requests—how many we fulfill and of what types? Here is a list of services we've provided in the last fiscal year.
Programs > Events Calendar Newsletters
Volunteer > Volunteer Sign-in Volunteer Application Form
Marin Villages is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization • 415-457-4633 • firstname.lastname@example.org•
4340 Redwood Highway, Suite F-142 San Rafael, CA 94903-2121